“I think it is reasonable to thing to
fright persons away from hell. They stand upon its brink, and are just ready to
fall into it, and are senseless of their danger. Is it not a reasonable thing
to fright a person out of a house on fire?” –Jonathan Edwards
In
my early Christian life years, I’ve come to the situation where I evangelize people
in the same manner of Jonathan Edwards. It came across in my mind that thought
of frightening people away about the horror of hell which was learnt as well
from the elders of faith. It seems like to me a good thing or better ways to
share it with unbelievers so that they may turn from their sinful, old ways as
where I’ve been before and turn their eyes to Jesus. But later on, I’ve
realized then that I no longer trust God’s Sovereignty to change one’s lives and
save them from eternal damnation. Rather, I was the one who make some effort,
the best that I can, to change their way of living. In the long run, I was
being rebuked by God to do my part only, which is to share the Gospel of
Salvation and fully entrust to Him the work---to sprite the seed that was being
put on each hearts who have heard it.
No comments:
Post a Comment