Thursday, November 24, 2016

"The blood of the martyrs is the seed for the new faith." 
                                                                                            -Tertulian

             I was deeply moved along with an agreement about this statement. I've learned from God's Word and believe that everything works together for good for those who love God. Although, we will be saddened with these news back then of how our fellow believers were brutally persecuted. Thankfully, we were being reminded by God in His biblical truth that He is Sovereign over all, that we don't have to worry about it. It was explicitly stated in the Old Testament that His thought are higher than our thoughts and his ways are higher than our ways. As I've pondered thoroughly with this phrase, "The blood of the martyrs", I remember the video I'd watched that was shared by my high school classmate. It was about Nero who persecuted the Christians mercilessly in a lot of ways in order to cover his mistakes and blame it to them. Accompanied by the music entitled "With all I am," I was strikingly crushed within, which later on I cannot bear to watch it over. They were set as an object of entertainment. Brutally, their bodies were ripped off, cut into pieces, and was thrown/entrapped  to be as food for the fierce, hungry lions. In spite of, I believe that God has  a great purpose and plan of why He allowed things to happen. A plan which can spread out or bring salvation, hope to those who are not reached. In fact, Christianity has dominated the western civilization. Later on, it was reaching out other countries all over the world by God, who mightily used His people as His conduit of grace.  Overall, we are rest assured that our labor to God and His redemptive work for humanity will never be in vain for the accomplishment of His kingdom agenda. 


2 comments:

  1. Truly nothing happens in life that is not worth a thing, for God is a God of great purpose. It's sad and heartbreaking to hear and know about how early believers are persecuted and even put to the most painful kind of death. But the fact that they are willing to give their lives and accept a fate that will be unbelievable for other people, is a great evidence that the one they are wiling to risk and give their life to is not a kind of a joke. That, that person is not as usual as any other person but rather a Powerful and Awesome One. It would be nice if people would see and realized this, because if they do I think they would really ask and wonder; who is this Jesus that many would be willing to suffer for?
    Godbless you in your further study. Miss you Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to you ate Mira...sorry karon lang ko naakanotice... I firmly agree to what you were saying..Indeed, it's very true..God has great purposes and plan of why He allow things to happen. We just can't fully fathom it.
    #justwhatI'vethought ;-) <3
    Thanks for the reply...It's highly appreciated..

    ReplyDelete